Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale with campuses located throughout the State of Florida and internationally. Through quality teaching, the University is committed to provide all students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for successful employment. Committed to a studentsí first philosophy, Keiser University prepares graduates for careers in business, criminal justice, health care, technology, hospitality, education and career-focused general studies.
Inherent in our Mission is service to the community. This service includes community partnerships, involvement with various constituencies and various continuing education programs.
Assistant Registrar is responsible for creating maintaining all student schedules on an ongoing basis, as well as sharing general office duties with the Registrar.
The essential duties and responsibilities for an Assistant Registrar are the following:
- Creating and maintaining student schedules.
- Performs this duty largely on an independent basis, by pulling start date reports and creating schedules for the constant influx of new enrollments. It is also constantly carried out on an ad hoc basis, in response to requests from financial aid, the bursarís office, the deanís office and admissions.
- Schedules of current students are updated and maintained on an ongoing basis. When a student fails a class, requests a schedule change, or goes on or returns from leave/academic interrupt, the Assistant Registrar is responsible for reworking the schedule as needed, as well as informing the appropriate parties.
- Frequently, breaks down and recreates entire student schedules with new parent term codes in response to requests from Financial Aid and Bursar.
- Enters math and English placement test scores and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Enters student transfer credits into the database and adjusts schedules as needed.
- Monitors audit sheets for program changes and adjustments and creates class sections in the database.
- Shares general office duties with the Registrar, such as answering phones, helping students who walk in, filing etc.
Assistant Registrar must have a minimum of an Associate's Degree with 2 years of administrative experience.
This is a full time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information listed on our website at www.keiseruniversity.edu
Thank you for your interest in our school system. Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.