Keiser University's eCampus is the online division of Keiser University, one of the largest independent Universities in Florida. eCampus programs include Associate's, Bachelor's and Master's Degrees online.
The Instructional Designer reports to the Director of Instructional Design and works with faculty and team members to guide the design, development, production, and evaluation of engaging and innovative online courses. This individual consults with academics to revise existing online courses and design new courses for online delivery, using technology to generate exceptional learning experiences.
This individual will conceptualize and storyboard institutionally sound, interactive, engaging, web-based interactive objects and input these components into Blackboard Learning Management System. Candidates must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with our Faculty members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Consult with academics to design objective-aligned and engaging learning experiences and authentic assessments that encourage critical thinking skills and skill application.
• Conceptualize and storyboard engaging interactive learning objects that promote active learning.
• Provide support for Blackboard environment and integrated online systems.
• Knowledge of lecture/capture technologies along with being able to coordinate technical issues with Blackboard support, service tickets, schedule updates, building blocks, upgrades, work with other technical advisors outside of the Blackboard environment and outside vendors in relation to the LMS.
• Use data and feedback to guide course revision and the continual improvement of learning experiences.
As The Ideal Candidate, You Have
• successfully designed quality online learning experiences
• a strong commitment to quality standards and service
• an awareness of accessibility issues and use of assistive technologies in course design
• outstanding client management skills; ability to understand faculty needs and translate those into dynamic courses
• the proven ability to work as a contributing and collegial member of a team and to communicate proactively within the team environment
• the ability to work with multiple deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
• the ability to adapt and to solve problems proactively and creatively
• a passion for creating and improving online learning
• excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders at all levels including academic leaders, faculty, and production teams
• curiosity about new tools and techniques for engaging learners and demonstrating outcomes
• comfort in working within project management applications
• the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• strong attention to detail
• the aptitude to work with a range of academic content
• experience in evaluating learner outcomes and their impact on curriculum design
Education: Minimum of a bachelor degree in an IT-related field such as computer science, instructional design, multimedia, or a related field of study.
• 2+ years in instructional design consultation, preferably with academics in higher education settings
• 3-5 years of experience in learning design, academic technology, product development or related discipline, generating innovative online learning experiences and authentic assessments
• Familiarity with building course materials into learning management systems and utilizing the best online educational tools to promote student goal mastery
• Experience conducting training sessions for both small and large groups
• Experience working with simulations, games and other multimedia content
• Higher education online teaching experience (a plus)
• Ability to build fully online courses within Blackboard LMS
• Must have knowledge of various operating systems, web browsing and enhancement tools, utilities, and applications.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Snag-it, Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of audio and video technology and basic editing using Camtasia, Adobe Premiere, or similar tools
This is a full time position located in Ft Lauderdale, FL and requires day, evening and weekend availability.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information listed on our website at www.keiseruniversity.edu
Thank you for your interest
in our school system. Our schools prohibit
discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex,
gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to
the extent prohibited by law.