Everglades University is an accredited, private not-for-profit university offering bachelor's and master's degree programs that prepare students to advance in their careers or fields of study. The mission of Everglades University is to provide quality education to adult learners of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative environment where each individual has the opportunity to achieve personal growth. The University seeks to accomplish its mission by combining small class sizes and innovative programs with traditional academic values. The University supports the academic endeavor through research, scholarly contribution, and service, to deliver graduate and undergraduate programs both on campus and online.
The purpose of the Financial Aid Officer is to guide students through the financial aid process and ensure they are properly funded, packaged and prepared to start each semester. The Financial Aid Officer will:
- Assist the student with filling out the FAFSA
- Determine the student’s title IV eligibility
- Create cost estimates and explain funding options to the students and parents
- Work with students to obtain the documentation necessary to process their aid if they are selected for verification
- Review weekly reports to ensure all students’ financial aid has been processed
- Submit financial aid packages to be processed by established deadlines
- Ensure a low rate of return due to errors on all packages submitted to be processed
- Provide excellent customer service and answers to student inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability of Key Behaviors
- Knowledge of Federal and State funding programs helpful
- Knowledge of title IV regulations helpful
- Knowledge of CampusVue software helpful
- Financial Aid Experience helpful
- Ability to work assigned/flexible hours necessary to complete the job on a weekly basis
- Dependability: Respond to requests in a timely manner
- Teamwork: Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Decision Making: Display willingness to make decisions
- Communication: Effectively communicate with others
- Time Management: Able to complete all job requirements in allotted time
- Work Ethic: Display an organized and results-oriented approach, and motivation to perform without extensive direction
- Accuracy: Display a high quality of work and level of accuracy
- Innovation: Use a creative, solution-oriented approach to address problems
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION’
This is a full-time position that requires day, evening, and
weekend availability at the campus. 3-days 8:30 am - 5:30 pm, 2-days 11:00 am - 8:00 pm and
2-Saturday's out of each month 8:30am - 5:30pm
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information listed on our website at www.evergladesuniversity.edu
Thank you for your interest
in our school system. Our schools prohibit
discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex,
gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic
information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to
the extent prohibited by law.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy For Employees
Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, Everglades University (“EU”) has adopted a Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for Employees. This policy is intended to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our students, visitors, and others who spend time on our campuses and in our facilities from Covid-19’s infectious conditions that can be reduced through an effective mandatory employee vaccination program. This policy complies with all state and local laws and is based upon guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and public health and licensing authorities, as applicable.
This policy applies to all EU employees: faculty (including regular full-time and part-time faculty, administrative faculty, and adjunct faculty), regular full-time and part-time non-faculty staff, temporary employees, third party vendors and individuals receiving offers of employment in any of these categories. Individuals receiving offers of employment are required to timely comply with this policy by attesting to a completed vaccination or receipt of HR vaccine exemption approval. Individuals receiving offers of employment from EU who do not timely comply with this policy will have their offer of employment rescinded.
Employees who do not want to vaccinate due to a strong moral conviction must document this within our internal portal. Much like those with accommodation requests they must comply with wearing of a mask while on campus per the CDC social distancing guidelines in addition to mandatory testing once per week.